New Horizon College was opened in 1988 in Napier, for students who enjoy living in a small city beside the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
Why choose New Horizon?
Learn quality English in our friendly school, located on the East Coast of New Zealand.
• Student library: books, magazines, videos and DVDs in our Self-Access Centre
• Large recreation area for use after classes with pool and ping-pong tables, puzzles and board games
• Large dining room, with full kitchen facilities, including microwave ovens
• Modern, warm facilities, with cinema room, TV/DVD and digital library
• Wireless internet access and student computer room
We believe that students:
• can all learn and achieve their goals
• learn better when motivated and having a good time
• learn to communicate through communication
• bring unique experiences and histories into the classroom
• are individuals with independent learning goals and strategies
• provide support for all students
• use up-to-date technology to provide interesting lessons
• tailor lessons to be appropriate for students’ needs
• give feedback to students on their progress
• enjoy motivating and challenging students
Your learning experience
• The team at New Horizon are committed to making you feel immediately welcome into our big family
• You will feel comfortable and valued no matter what your age or nationality
• Highly qualified, experienced and caring teachers who want you to succeed
• English classes for all levels from beginner to advanced, plus examination courses: IELTS, FCE, CAE, TOEIC, BEC
• Small classes with an average of 8 students, maximum of 12 and a maximum school total 90 students
• High School preparation and assistance for further study at University or Institutions of Technology
• All our staff are dedicated to providing quality care and support to all students
• Free 1 to 1 sessions twice a week in our Study Centre
Our teaching is based on modern communicative methods of learning English and our qualified and experienced teachers encourage all the students to be actively involved in the class activities.
ICL Education Group
ICL Education Group consists of Auckland schools ICL Graduate Business School, ICL IELTS Preparation, Auckland English Academy, Bridge International College, and New Horizon College.
ICL was incorporated in 2002 and offers a range of tertiary Business, Computing, TESOL, ESOL and Early Childhood Education programmes. The Schools have mostly international students, from around 20 different countries.
The ICL Graduate Business School diplomas and certificates range from level 5 to 9 (Masters) on the NZ Qualifications Framework, and several of the qualifications are awarded by the NZ government. ICL Graduate Business School graduates have guaranteed pathways to University with credit transfer, or have sufficient points for a study-to-work visa and eventual migration. Our Early Childhood Education programme has government funding for domestic students. Most programmes have monthly start dates.
ICL Graduate Business School has an established research programme with half the academic staff involved. We share 7 doctorates and over 20 masters degrees.
Auckland English Academy and New Horizon College, both established in 1988, are leading New Zealand English language schools and members of English New Zealand. We offer a range of general English and examination preparation courses, and show an excellent success rate, particularly in IELTS and Cambridge examinations. Auckland English Academy runs separate TESOL courses for junior and senior school teachers. New Horizon College and Auckland English Academy offer the popular Study Hopper programme.
In 2015 the ICL Education Group aggregated over 1000 EFTS (equivalent full-time students).
At New Horizon College we pride ourselves as an NZQA (New Zealand Qualification Authority) category 1 provider. We are a signatory to the Code of Practice for Pastoral Care for International Students. New Horizon College is a proud member of English New Zealand, an elite group of long-established, high-quality language schools.
For more information, click on the following links;
We have a policy of providing care and welfare to all students. We are also a member of English New Zealand.
Connect with us