Why choose Napier?
Learn quality English in our friendly school, located on the East Coast of New Zealand.
Your learning experience
• The team at New Horizon are committed to making you feel immediately welcome into our big family
• You will feel comfortable and valued no matter what your age or nationality
• Highly qualified, experienced and caring teachers who want you to succeed
• English classes for all levels from beginner to advanced, plus examination courses: IELTS, FCE, CAE, TOEIC, BEC
• Small classes with an average of 8 students, maximum of 12 and a maximum school total 90 students
• High School preparation and assistance for further study at University or Institutions of Technology
• All our staff are dedicated to providing quality care and support to all students
• Free 1 to 1 sessions twice a week in our Study Centre
Sample Activity programme
|Monday 2||Coffee Shop with Casey 3.15pm – 4.15pm|
3.15pm – 4.45pm
|Drive to the Mission Winery (15 minutes) to view the most famous winery in Napier, and try a selection of wines they have for you to taste. $10.00
Required: You must be 18 years old to take part. Take your passport with you.
|Friday 6||PUBLIC HOLIDAY – Waitangi Day – No School. See the board for information about the two locations where there will be free Waitangi Celebrations in the Hawke’s Bay area that you can attend.|
|Monday 9||Coffee Shop with Casey 3.15pm – 4.15pm|
3.45pm – 5.15pm
|Drive 30 minutes to Hastings Flax Rock campus for Indoor Rock Climbing.
Required: Suitable shoes and trousers. You will need to listen carefully to the instructions while you are belaying. $10
9am – 7pm
|Drive to Taupo for the day. $40 There will be some sightseeing spots to stop at. You can pay for an activity of your choice at the i-site Centre in Taupo (Bungy jumping, jet boating, sky diving)
Required: You must be 18 years old to take part in an activity.
|Monday 16||Coffee Shop with Casey 3.15pm – 4.15pm|
3.15pm – 5.00pm
|Walk to the two waterfalls at Tangoio. The drive is 30 minutes, then an hour’s walk through Tangoio Bush.
Required: sun hat, suitable walking shoes, sunscreen, water and picnic lunch. $5
|Art Deco Breakfast. We will provide breakfast for you. Come dressed in Art Deco clothing. Group photos will also be taken. There will be prizes for the best-dressed people.|
|Friday – Sunday||Art Deco Weekend. More information to come.|
|Monday 23||Coffee Shop with Casey 3.15pm – 4.15pm|
5.00pm – 6.30pm
|Go to the Filter Room to try a selection of the beers and/or ciders that are made at their local brewery. $10.00
Required: You must be 18 years old to join in. Take your passport with you.
10.00am – 3.30pm
Required: You must be a competent and confident swimmer if you decide to swim. Stay within the flags. Bring suitable walking shoes, sunscreen, a hat, swimsuit, towel, picnic lunch and water. $15