Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, New Horizon, and all other ICL Education Group schools temporarily closed their physical doors to students from March 25, 2020 to May 18, 2020. During this time, ICL successfully developed and delivered online classes. With Aotearoa now in Alert Level 2, our face-to-face classes will resume as of Monday, May 18, 2020.
At ICL Education Group our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our students and staff. Below is the full list to Safe Studying Protocols that will be implemented on the ICL Education Group campus in order to keep our whānau safe over this challenging time.
Stay home if you feel unwell
Inform school on 09 368 4343 and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or your doctor immediately.
Attendance record• Ensure that your teacher/lecturer has checked your attendance at every class.
• If you are at school but not attending a class, you must register at Reception.
Good hygiene practices (hand-washing, coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow, and not touching your face when your hands are not clean) MUST be followed at all times.
Keep at least 1 metre away from people while you are on campus or in classes. Seating in classrooms will allow you to maintain this distance during lessons.
• Avoid body contact (e.g. kissing, hand shaking, hugging) with anyone.
• Avoid borrowing books, pens, laptops, etc. from each other. Bring and use your own materials and equipment.
• Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
• Do not let other people use your phone, and do not use other people’s phones.
• Do not share your utensils (cups, forks, spoons, chopsticks, etc.) and food or drinks with others.
• Use the common areas on Levels 2, 3 and 4 for your meal break if there is not enough space in the cafeteria.
•Wash your hands and clean the used surface after you finish your meal.
Movement around school
• Use separate ways as instructed to move up and down the different levels of the school building, and still keep a 1 metre distance from others.
• Do not stand and/or talk in a group in the stair landing spaces.
• Follow instructions on signs around the school regarding queuing or moving. These signs are located at entrances, reception, and toilets.
• Lifts are not available to students. If you have any accessibility needs, please talk to Reception.
• Clean the surface you have used.
When you hear an alarm
• Evacuate the building calmly, maintain physical distancing where possible.
• Wait in the designated assembly point and keep a 2 metre distance from others.
• When you are allowed to re-enter the building, maintain physical distancing while moving and make sure to wash your hands afterwards.
Cafeteria, piano, public magazines are not accessible under Alert Level 2.
There is no requirement to wear face mask but if you prefer to wear one you are welcome to do so.
During this time, people get anxious and stressed. Please be kind and considerate to your fellow students and to staff, and remember it’s OK to ask for help if you are feeling overwhelmed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
For more information about online classes send your enquiry to email@example.com
View our full Covid-19 Updates and FAQ archive here.